MBB Basket Blasters automate the cleaning, peening, and finishing of small workpieces. With certain types of parts, no other finishing method can compare to these heavy-duty machines in terms of speed and quality results.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR BASKET BLASTERS
- Equipment has a small footprint.
- Processes several pieces at a time (batch cycle).
- Simplifies the surface treatment of small, hard-to-hold pieces.
- Reduces abrasive media consumption – all media pieces hit a target.
- Fully automated process controlled by PLC and interfaced with an intuitive HMI touch screen.
HOW IT WORKS
Simply load the parts into the perforated tumbling basket, set the precision timer according to the desired output, and let the Basket Blaster do the rest. By tumbling the parts within abrasive blast streams, these machines deliver consistent finishes automatically.
TUMBLING BASKET SIZES AVAILABLE
(Width X Diameter)
|Working Capacity||Max Load Capacity|
|16″ X 30″||1½ cu. ft.||250 lb|
|30″ X 30″||3½ cu. ft.||350 lb|
- Fixed nozzles which cover the entire blasting area (standard on the 16″ X 30″ tumbling basket)
- Oscillating nozzles on a vertical or horizontal axis (standard on the 30″ X 30″ tumbling basket)
- Heavy-Duty, Coated Tumbling Basket: Available in different mesh sizes and in 1½ cu. ft.
or 3½ cu. ft. loading capacities.
- Ergonomic: Unloading chute located at the bottom of the cabinet hopper to facilitate the unloading of parts after the blasting process.
- Custom Design and Fabrication: Each system is tailored to the customer’s specifications to address all process constraints and for optimal results and productivity.
- Personalized Process: Personalize your process by varying abrasive media, blast nozzle size, blasting pressure, table rotation speed, and blasting cycle time.
- Fully Automated Cycle: Process sequences are controlled by PLC and interfaced with an intuitive HMI touch panel.
- Baghouse Dust Collector: Choose from a range of high-efficiency baghouse dust collectors for both optimal blasting performance and minimizing wear and tear on critical components.
- Media Reclaiming System: Cyclonic separation of contaminated abrasive media for optimal performance – dust and by-products are diverted to the dust collector.
- Electricity: Available in all voltages and frequencies.
- Compliance: Design and door switches comply with OSHA requirements and most local safety jurisdictions.
- Parts Cleaning: Automatic blow-off cycle to remove all dust and contaminants from the freshly-blasted parts.
- Liner Protection: Rubber lining protection on the inner wall, rotating table, and media reclaimer for extended service life (Linatech).
- Tower Status Indicator Lights: Stack lights offer modular stackable components that provide illuminated and audible status indication for machines, systems and process.
- Baghouse Dust Collector Optional Package: Improve your standard dust collector efficiency and performance with the addition of an automatic cleaning procedure on filter media, a vertical or horizontal muffler, and a sealed dust collection drum.
- Cartridge-Type Dust Collector Upgrade: Increase your overall process quality and efficiency with a fully-equipped cartridge dust collector able to capture up to 99.9% of particles down to 5 µm.
- HEPA Filters: Our dust collectors are designed to fit a HEPA filter when the process requires it, which can capture 99.98% of particles down to 0.3 µm.
- Parts Handling Robots: Automate tedious and unsafe parts handling tasks with a dedicated robotic arm.
- Loading/Unloading System: Facilitate the loading/unloading procedure for heavy parts while preventing injuries in the workspace.
- Remote PLC I/O: Benefit from remote access assistance on the PLC, allowing for instant troubleshooting and easy software updates.
- MagnaValve Abrasive Regulator: The MagnaValve and controller provide an accurate regulation of ferrous and non-ferrous media in shot peening and blast cleaning applications where accurate and repeatable flow rates are desired.
- SWECO Vibratory Media Classification System: The SWECO particle separation and sifting system provides an accurate media classification and sizing for precise peening or blast cleaning applications.