Inline Basket Blaster
Inline Basket Blasters combines the effectiveness of a manual-fed basket blaster with the addition of an inline feeder allowing the etching or prepping of tumbling parts without any interruptions.
- Equipment has a small footprint.
- Continuous feed system.
- Simplifies the surface treatment of small, hard-to-hold pieces.
- Reduces abrasive media consumption – all media pieces hit a target.
- Fully automated process controlled by PLC and interfaced with an intuitive HMI touch screen.
HOW IT WORKS
Simply load the parts into the feeder and collect perfectly clean parts as they exit the perforated tumbling basket on the opposite side. The basket is shaped with a shaftless screw conveyor flight all around to keep parts separated from one another and to move them towards the exit chute.
As parts travel through the rotating basket, they tumble to ensure all surfaces are being exposed to the blast stream.
The speed of traveling and exposure to the blast stream can be controlled by varying the basket’s rotation speed. The stand-off distance from the workpiece and the blasting pressure can also be adjusted to obtain the desired finish.
Parts can be loaded manually or automatically with the addition of a conveyor and/or a robotic arm.
- Heavy-Duty Tumbling Basket: Designed with a coated 30” X 30” tumbling basket which has a loading capacity of 3½ cu. ft. (350 lb), and is available in different mesh sizes.
- Ergonomic: Unloading chute located at the end of the tumbling basket.
- Custom Design and Fabrication: Each system is tailored to the customer’s specifications to address all process constraints and for optimal results and productivity.
- Personalized Process: Personalize your process by varying abrasive media, blast nozzle size, blasting pressure, table rotation speed, and blasting cycle time.
- Fully Automated Cycle: Process sequences are controlled by PLC and interfaced with an intuitive HMI touch panel.
- Baghouse Dust Collector: Choose from a range of high-efficiency baghouse dust collectors for both optimal blasting performance and minimizing wear and tear on critical components.
- Media Reclaiming System: Cyclonic separation of contaminated abrasive media for optimal performance – dust and by-products are diverted to the dust collector.
- Electricity: Available in all voltages and frequencies.
- Compliance: Design and door switches comply with OSHA requirements and most local safety jurisdictions.
- Parts Cleaning: Automatic blow-off cycle to remove all dust and contaminants from the freshly-blasted parts.
- Liner Protection: Rubber lining protection on the inner wall, rotating table, and media reclaimer for extended service life (Linatech).
- Tower Status Indicator Lights: Stack lights offer modular stackable components that provide illuminated and audible status indication for machines, systems and process.
- Baghouse Dust Collector Optional Package: Improve your standard dust collector efficiency and performance with the addition of an automatic cleaning procedure on filter media, a vertical or horizontal muffler, and a sealed dust collection drum.
- Cartridge-Type Dust Collector Upgrade: Increase your overall process quality and efficiency with a fully-equipped cartridge dust collector able to capture up to 99.9% of particles down to 5 µm.
- HEPA Filters: Our dust collectors are designed to fit a HEPA filter when the process requires it, which can capture 99.98% of particles down to 0.3 µm.
- Parts Handling Robots: Automate tedious and unsafe parts handling tasks with a dedicated robotic arm.
- Loading/Unloading System: Facilitate the loading/unloading procedure for heavy parts while preventing injuries in the workspace.
- Remote PLC I/O: Benefit from remote access assistance on the PLC, allowing for instant troubleshooting and easy software updates.
- MagnaValve Abrasive Regulator: The MagnaValve and controller provide an accurate regulation of ferrous and non-ferrous media in shot peening and blast cleaning applications where accurate and repeatable flow rates are desired.
- SWECO Vibratory Media Classification System: The SWECO particle separation and sifting system provides an accurate media classification and sizing for precise peening or blast cleaning applications.