ISTblast DD Series Downdraft tables collect and capture dust, fumes, smoke, and other contaminants in suspension generated from industrial processes, such as welding, grinding, coating, deburring, polishing, or cutting using hand tools. This filtration system is self-contained, self-cleaning, and available in different sizes up to 96″ x 48″ in order to accommodate a variety of applications.
These modular systems offer exceptional filtration efficiency with low air consumption (CFM), which makes them very energy-efficient. Their filtration capacity significantly exceeds the most stringent air quality control requirements (EPA and OSHA).
Various options are available to accommodate a wide range of industrial processes, to enhance the system’s filtration capacity, or to increase the operator’s productivity.
- Powder mixing
- Spray painting
- Plasma cutting
- Odor control
- Utility table
HOW IT WORKS
The functioning principle is quite simple. The unit draws air from the shop through a grating work surface using an impeller powered by an electric motor. Then, air is filtered by passing through a series of fire retardant, easily replaceable filtration cartridges located inside the table, then released back into the shop. Therefore, it is not necessary to exhaust filtered air from that system to the building duct work, nor to send it to an auxiliary dust collection system.
The cartridges are able to capture 99.9% of particles down to 1 µM in size and, if needed, additional filters – such as HEPA filters – can be added to the exhaust in order to return pure air to the shop. The cartridges are cleaned by pulsing air inside them, which releases the dust and makes it fall to the bottom of the table inside the dust collection drawer, which can be easily emptied.
The cartridges are easily accessible and can be replaced, which facilitates the maintenance of the equipment and extends its service life. Dust can be collected in a dust drawer at the bottom of the unit. The cartridge pulse cleaning system is entirely automated by means of the DCT1000 Sequential Controller. It is delivered with a 5-Year warranty – the longest warranty available in the industry.
- Downdraft table is available in different sizes up to 96″ x 48″ or custom design and fabrication
- Filter cartridges able to capture 99.9% of particles down to 1 µM
- Multi-level spark baffles
- Dual exhaust silencers
- Reverse-pulse filter cleaning system automatically triggered by the DCT1000 Sequential Controller
- Simple, safe and rapid cartridge replacement: cartridge comes with rectangular adapter for easy handling and error-free installation
- Dual workstation enclosure
- Earth connection
- Custom downdraft table sizes are available upon request
- Pneumatic and/or electrical output to supply hand tools
- Paint arrestors
- Spark arrestors
- LED lighting system
- Over-the-top or rear capture hood
- Wheel system which facilitates relocating the equipment around the shop
- Coated grating surfaces that do not damage workpieces and which allow a better adherence
- Fixed or removable side and top panels
- Middle separator
- Extended 12’’ overhang
- Aluminum, fiberglass, or steel bar grating 2″ high
- PVC matting
- Activated carbon granules in perforated metal canisters that slide inside filter cartridge
- H.E.P.A filter able to capture 99.98% of particles down to 0.3 µM
- Spunbond polyester cartridges